Orthopaedic & Soft Tissue Surgery
Scott Rigg, is an RCVS recognised advanced practitioner in small animal surgery. Scott founded a surgical referral service in Aberdeen over 10 years ago, and with the help of his colleagues grew it into an award-winning, multi-disciplinary veterinary referral hospital. Scott visits us on a weekly basis offering largely elective surgeries, with expansion planned as the year proceeds.
Marija Matvejeva DVM is available for surgical cases Monday to Friday at the practice.
As a guide we offer services including:
- Lameness investigation and treatment with access to an onsite CT scanner and arthroscopy
- Elbow and hip dysplasia diagnosis and management
- Triple pelvic osteotomy to treat hip dysplasia in selected cases
- Cruciate ligament surgery by tibial plateau levelling osteotomy, cranial closing wedge ostectomy or other techniques if indicated
- Patellar luxation surgery
- Shoulder, carpal and tarsal arthrodesis
- Fracture repair
Soft Tissue Surgery
- Soft tissue surgeries such as total ear canal ablation/lateral bulla osteotomy, maxillectomy and mandibulectomy
- Upper respiratory surgeries such as brachycephalic airway surgery
- Abdominal and thoracic surgery including portosystemic shunt surgeries, thoracotomy and pericardiectomy
- Urinary and reproductive tract surgeries
- Surgical oncology including complicated mass removals
- Spinal surgery with the benefit of our 64 slice CT scanner
- Ventral slots
- Spinal fractures
- Distraction and fusion vertebrae
All spinal cases receive intensive hospitalisation peri-operatively including physiotherapy and acupuncture.
All our orthopaedic, soft tissue and spinal cases receive at least 24 hour round the clock care from our registered veterinary nurses and on call surgeon.