Orthopaedic & Soft Tissue Surgery
Our surgeon, Scott Rigg, is an RCVS recognised advanced practitioner in small animal surgery. Scott founded a surgical referral service in Aberdeen over 10 years ago, and with the help of his colleagues grew it into an award-winning, multi-disciplinary veterinary referral hospital.
Scott visits us on a weekly basis offering largely elective surgeries, with expansion planned as the year proceeds.
Marija Matvejeva is available Monday to Friday working under the supervision of Scott Rigg.
As a guide we offer services including:
- Lameness investigation and treatment with access to an onsite CT scanner and arthroscopy
- Cruciate ligament surgery by Tibial Plateau Levelling Osteotomy or other techniques if indicated
- Patellar luxation treatment
- Triple Pelvic Osteotomy to treat hip dysplasia in selected cases
- Soft tissue surgeries such as Total Ear Canal Ablation/Lateral Bulla Osteotomy and mass removals.
In some instances we may be in a position to offer spinal decompressive surgery or fracture repair. We cannot yet offer a comprehensive spinal and trauma surgery service at this stage, but these cases can be assessed on an individual basis and advice given as to whether we are in a position to offer investigation and treatment.